Wednesday, November 11, 2009

No one could love you more

I am so grateful for the wonderful man I share my life with. He impassions me just as much as he frustrates me. Even with his constant pushing of my buttons and his tendency to say the wrong thing- I know that no one will ever love me like he does. I have never doubted that. He deals with my highs/lows and everything in between. I know that I am not an easy person to be with and I am an even harder person to love. I am impatient, I can be unkind, and I have unpredictable mood swings. One could say that about all women I suppose, but I feel that they might be easier to love than someone such as myself. There I was, 2 ½ years ago and my ship was quickly sinking. In my experience people would rather jump ship than deal with anything less than ideal. Then, just as I thought I would surely drown a hand reached into the water and picked me up and told me that ‘everything would be okay’. He was right. Everything is okay. He has stood steadfast even when he probably shouldn’t have- and I could never thank him enough for that.

This is for the hearts still beating- and mine is kept in a safe place beating away for the only man that I have eyes for. To quote the song I wrote for him: My love I know that I am far from perfect- but no one could love you more. And no one will ever have the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment