Saturday, January 1, 2011

There and back again....Okay, I'm not Bilbo Baggins but it is an end to a decade

I'm sitting here in my living room/bed room in the dark (well, there is the TV and Christmas lights) reflecting about the past 10 years. I have read a few friends similar reflections today/tonight and feel compelled to share as well. Normally, I save this stuff for my blog but I'll make an exception for this.

In this past decade I...

1) Played my first show at the Tustin Marketplace
2) Toured across the country and saw all sorts of historical landmarks (Mt. Rushmore, visited Yellowstone and watched Old Faithful erupt)
3) Moved across the country for love
4) Experienced complete heartbreak from aforementioned love
5) Had my first two jobs in childcare ranging from ages 0-12 years old
6) Traveled to Tahiti (and her various islands) twice
7) Experienced several losses of life that I will never forget.

Walking out on the life I had created in 2003-2005 was the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life. I was humiliated, ashamed, and scorned. Not many people know this, but when I came home I searched for a job and in 2 weeks I found one, working at a Nail Salon filling pedicure bowls. Once I received my last paycheck from Five Seasons I lived off of that for 3 months. When I arrived in CA from living in Iowa, I had 8 dollars to name. Financially and emotionally I was a mess....-then I met Dean.

Dean changed my life. He made every bad thing I went through worth it because I finally had someone who authentically loved me. Once the love part of my life got sorted out, I got my job at Legends and started to truly rebuild my life. The rest is history. On January 30th, 2010 Dean proposed to me and what followed was the craziest and most emotional ride of my life- but it led up to my Wedding.

Without being too mushy I will just say that I am the happiest I have ever been and my life is so fulfilling and meaningful because of the people in it.

To my Mom and Dad- I love you more than words could ever say and credit you both to determining what kind of person I have become.

To my Family- As I get older I feel like I get to know everyone better and I am excited to see what the years have in store for us. I love you.

To my Friends both New and Old- I am so grateful for your presence in my life, whether it is over the phone in a text/call, on the internet, in a game, or in person- I love you guys too.

"I need a purpose and I need a reason, I need to know there is trophy and meaning to all we lose and all we fight for-to all our loves and our wars."

I found beautiful purpose and reason in my life, in all of you and more so in myself. I intend on holding onto it with both hands for another decade, and many more to come. Here's to 2011.

Cheers.




-Jennifer Noelle Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment