Thursday, January 6, 2011

Trials

The question and ongoing theme for the past few days has been 'How much patience does Jen have?"

The answer: Next to none right now.

I hope Friday brings Peace, because I am already grasping at straws for my sanity. The older I get the more I realize things that bother me and other people's ignorance is getting harder and harder to ignore. I do not understand where the pursuit for knowledge stops in some of these peoples' lives. It's as if they went to college and then went 'Well, time to shut my brain off.' Even worse still, they are completely irreverent to their mistakes and make no attempts at ensuring they dont happen again.

I may not have done great in the conventional learning environment, but I am always reading, learning, and interested in things that happen in the world around me. I actually had to explain to someone today that Palestine and Israel are different than Pakistan and Afganistan. Seriously?

I also find myself thinking a lot about peoples chronology of self a lot. I wonder what things made them who they are, and what their defining moments in life were. What shapes them..? In life, as we overcome our struggles we build our own character. The journey is just as interesting to me as the destination.

My journey has not been an easy one, but I am completely self-satisfied. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment